Recipe for Colocasia leaf rolls - Arbi Patta Ke Pakode
1) Colocasia leaves : 4
2) Gram flour/Besan: 3 cups
3) Semolina/ Suji: 2 cups
4) Rice flour/ Chawal Ka Atta : 1 cup
5) Turmeric: 1 tea spoon
6) Chilli powder : 1 tea spoon
7) Cumin seed powder: 1 tea spoon
8) Coriander powder : 1 tea spoon
9) Black pepper powder : 1 tea spoon
10) Lemons : 2 nos
11) Carom seeds/ Ajwain : 1 tea spoon
12) Salt as per the taste
13) Oil to fry
Wash the leaves thoroughly and keep aside
Mix all the dry ingredients and squeeze both the lemons in it
Add some water and make a thick Batter
Keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes
Now apply the batter on the leaves and roll it
Keep the remaining batter aside
After rolling all the leaves separately cut into cubes
Steam the cubes for 10 to 15 minutes.
In the remaining batter add little bit water, dip the steamed cubes and deep fry it.
Have it with desired chutney or sauce.